The ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card helps you earn Airpoints without any caps or expiry. The cardholders also get to enjoy excellent perks such as complimentary overseas travel insurance, 200 Airpoints dollars, Air New Zealand lounge access, and Koru Membership.
It provides a solid earning rate, which makes it an ideal choice for big spenders provided they are able to offset the card’s high annual fee. You shall earn 1 Airpoints Dollar for every $75 you spend using the credit card.
If you are a frequent traveler with Air New Zealand, then you shall receive plenty of benefits with this credit card. You shall also get some Koru Discounts with no joining fee for Koru, and $145 off when you decide to pay the membership fee.
The ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card features
The card comes with the following features and benefits.
A High Airpoints Earning Rate
You shall earn plenty of Airpoints dollars when you use the card to pay for services, and you can redeem the points while traveling.
The card will help pay for half of your pre-paid travel expenses, and offer you overseas travel insurance whenever you are traveling.
Apple and Google Pay
You can download the mobile app on your device and enjoy contactless payments using the app whenever you need to pay for purchases, and this means that you do not have to risk carrying the card all the time.
This card comes with a Visa Concierge Service that offers a 0% commission for all foreign cash purchases that are made on ANZ branches in New Zealand. You shall also enjoy plenty of other benefits simply by having this platinum card.
Pros/Cons of the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card
- Provides a fast way of earning Airpoints Dollars.
- Offers overseas travel insurance.
- You receive platinum privileges simply by being a member.
- A high annual fee
ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card Fees
When applying for a credit card, it is important to be aware of the fees and interest charged. Below is a list of fees that come with the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card.
- Purchase interest rate – charged at 19.95%
- Cash advances interest rate – charged at 19.95%
- Annual fee – charged at $150 per annum.
- Joint or additional card fee – charged at $10 p.a.
- Balance transfer limit – up to 95%
- Late payment fee – charged at $6
- Cash advance fee – charged at $3
- Overseas cash advance fee – charged at $0
ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card Eligibility
In order to qualify for this credit card, you shall be required to meet the following criteria.
- Must at least be 18 years of age?
- Must have a regular income of around $60,000 per year.
- Must ensure to have enough money left over after expenses so you can meet your credit card payments.
- Must show proof of identity and income
- Provide at least 3 months of statements.
- Must be a New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident, or have a work visa for the last 2 years.
How to apply for the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card
To apply for the card, you should log into the ANZ Bank website and fill out the application form. Ensure to provide the following information
- Your names
- Proof of identity
- Your payslips or salary notice
- Your New Zealand Address
- Telephone number
- Email address.
ANZ Bank Address and Contact Information
To find out more about the ANZ Airpoints Visa Platinum Credit Card it is advisable to contact the bank directly. ANZ Bank can be contacted using the following details.
Address: Level 25 ANZ Center, 23-29 Albert Street, Auckland, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Phone: 0800 269 296
If you live in New Zealand and you travel a lot, then this credit card should be on your radar, as it offers great benefits for frequent travelers.
All of the benefits and perks are more than worth it to cover the high annual fee. All the best as you apply for the card.
Disclaimer: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit products. Ensure you consult the bank’s terms and conditions page before agreeing to anything.