The Apple card is currently the most hyped credit card. Recently, Apple launched the application process and a video detailing how to apply on their webpage.
Now, even though the new Apple Credit Card is the next best thing, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should run out and get it. Anytime you apply for a credit card, it affects your credit report. Therefore it is important to analyze your needs before applying for the card.
However, if you have the right credit score, and some limit on your creditability, then here are the requirements for applying for an Apple Card.
Apple Credit Card Requirements
- Ensure that your Apple ID has all the updated information such as your current phone number, your email address, and physical address.
- You must be either 18 years old or older, although this depends on where you live.
- You must be a US citizen, or a US resident, and have a US residential address that is not a P.O Box. Any US citizen is also allowed to use their military address.
- Your phone must be running an IOS 12.4 or more, and it must be an iPhone. It should also have a Touch ID, and Face ID too, except for the iPhone 5s.
- You must additionally have a two-factor authentication system on your Apple ID.
- You must be signed in to your iCloud and have an Apple ID.
- If you had frozen your credit report, then you need to lift this freeze temporarily, as Apple will check your credit.
- You may be required to verify your identity by providing either a state ID or your driver’s license.
- Finally, to apply for the card, you must receive an application form to apply for the Apple Card. You will then sign up to receive all notifications whenever possible.
Step 1 – Update Your Phone To The Right IOS
If you can’t seem to find the card anywhere on your iPhone, here’s a hint – it is found in the Wallet app. However, you might not be able to find it if you have an outdated IOS. You will need to update your phone to IOS 12.4 or a newer version.
Once your phone has the latest IOS, you will be able to see the new feature of the Apple Card in the Wallet app. Here is the updating process if you are unfamiliar with it.
- On your phone, go to the setting app.
- Tap on the general button and wait for it to load.
- Scowl down until you see the software update tab.
- On the software tab, tap on update, and then download and install.
- You will be required to enter your passcode.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- It may take a while, and you will need to have a Wi-Fi connection for this to be completed.
Step 2: Wait For An Invite
Now, even with the Wallet app, you will still need an invite from Apple to apply for the card. Sign up with Apple so you can be notified when your application will be available.
Once you receive the email, it will contain an “Apply Now” button which will take you straight to the Wallet app to start the application process.
Here are the instructions for applying.
- Launch the Wallet app on your phone
- Tap on the button that says “Add.” This is found on the upper right corner of the app, and it kind of looks like the + sign.
- Next, select the Apple Card to apply.
- Tap on continue.
- You will be asked the following before you proceed.
- Your first and last name, phone number, and date of birth.
- Your physical address.
- The last four numbers on your social security and your Citizenship.
- Your annual income.
After you have agreed to the terms and conditions from Apple, your application will then be submitted. If they accept it, you will be presented with an offer that includes your credit limit, the card fees, and interest rates.
You can tap on the “Offer Terms and Condition,” to see the agreement, the APR, and credit limit as well. Finally, tap on “Accept Apple Card,” to complete and accept the conditions issued on the card, if you would like to do so.
If you do not receive the approval immediately, then you may be asked to submit some additional information such as your full social security number, your state ID, your driver’s license, your relationship with Apple, and other financial assets.
To make this whole process quick and easy, fill in all the details as required and provide any information they may require. This card offers some excellent benefits to its customers. If you can qualify, it is a great new card to have in your wallet.
Note: There are risks involved when applying for and using credit. Consult the bank’s terms and conditions page for more information.